Monday, November 15, 2010

Island Book Winery

Ann and I were out looking for the Geocache at the Big Red Truck. This was our 4th visit to try and locate the cache, and thanks to some friends of ours we at last found it. Fantastic no more waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat created by the paranoia of not being able to locate the cache. I sometimes wonder if the stress created by this hobby is good for us.

Anyway to cut a long story short we (really I) decided to visit the winery to see what was on offer.

A lovely lady whom I think was Betty was very nice and allowed me to taste the wine. I loved the Sweet Red it was really great. So great I actually bought a bottle. Also tried the Cabernet Sauvignon very very nice. I unfortunately could not afford to buy anymore wine as I had just spent my pocket money for the week so I will have to go back later when I have Sam with me and purchase a bottle of Cabernet Sav.

The drive to the vineyard was well worth it as Betty told me that there were a couple of breweries in the area that catered for the kids, with playgrounds etc. So next weekend we will have to go and visit one of them and do up a report for the blog.

Betty tells me that there are 120 wineries and 6 breweries in the area, this will keep us busy for the next 3 or 4 years. So keep you eye on this blog as or team researches the best places for young families with children  to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment