Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Beach - Busselton Just up from the Yacht Club

20th November 2010

In a Nutshell.
Its free
Child friendly, plenty of beach, shallow water and friendly people.
Great toilets and shower facilities
Free barbecues
Near a large park
You can also take your dogs.
Score 1 - 10 has to be an 8

Went to our beach this morning, near our yacht club, near our jetty, near our house (5 mins away)
Cnr of Geographe Bay Road, King Street and Thomas Street.

Great place to take the kids and it is free.

We just took our folding chairs and sat by the waters edge and watched the grandkids playing in the water. Unfortunately the day whilst a bit overcaste was very hot and whilst we were down there for only 30 minutes we all got sunburnt.

Timmy the dog thought it was great. He loves to swim and then plonk himself down on your lap sand and all.
He greets all his doggy mates and wanders around sniffing their bottoms, rather off putting when he then leaps into your lap to plant a great big wet kiss on your face. Man do you know where that tongue has been.

A great view of the Bay from here and I keep on promising myself I will bring down a sketching pad one day to draw and paint the beautiful scene.
Also some other great views for grandad, if only I was younger.

Actually we come here quite often and Mum and I found that the barbecue facilities (free) are great on a Sunday morning for breakfast.

I tried to take some photos today of the beach for the blog but the batteries in the camera were flat so I will leave Sam to add some photos to this blog as she always takes some good photos.

1 comment:

  1. TFS - but don't you just hate the batteries running out in the digi camera? It happens at the worst time doesn't it? Then again I guess there is never a good time lol. Hey I hope you are able to join in with us this month at Stuff 2 Scrap! It's my turn to do a challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete